In order for students K-12 to ride at the reduced rate (50 cents) and use reduced fare tickets and passes ($15 per month), they must show drivers a Bloomington-issued Student ID card. The ID cards used for the 2015-2016 school year will be expiring September. The new ones for the 2016-2017 season are here. These free ID cards can be obtained at our main office M-F 8 am to 4:30 pm (130 W Grimes Lane) and at the Transit Center 6:45 am to 11 pm. Saturdays: 8:15 am to 6:10 pm (3rd & Walnut). 6:45 am to 11 pm. Saturdays: 8:15 am to 6:10 pm. When obtaining the student ID, parents/guardians or students must show proof of age and enrollment in K-12 a school (examples: school IDs, report cards, school planner, or class itinerary).
Click HERE for more information on reduced fare, passes, and tickets.
For your convenience, a BT representative will be present at middle and high schools giving out student IDs during the following times and dates:
- Batchelor Middle School lunch Monday, August 15
- Tri-North Middle School lunch Tuesday, August 16
- Jackson Creek Middle School open house 5:30 to 7:30 pm Wednesday, August 17
- BHS North lunch Friday, August 19 and Monday, August 22
- BHS South lunch Wednesday, August 17 and Thursday, August 18
- Academy of Science & Entreprenuership lunch Tuesday, August 23
- Harmony TBA
Please revisit this web page for schedule updates.